HIGH SPEED NETWORK CAPTURE STORAGE CARD
The ExaDISK FX1 is an NVMe SSD storage drive, specifically optimized for high speed network capture applications.
The device is built using a unique quad-controller architecture. Traditional NVMe drives use only one flash memory controller, causing a performance bottleneck. When this single controller is busy, the flash memory cannot be accessed to read or store data.
The ExaDISK FX1 overcomes this using a novel disk slice architecture. The device incorporates four independent, parallel flash controllers, each one controlling its own storage slice.
This unique design ensures that maximum PCIe bandwidth can be used at all times. Applications can access disk slices independently or simultaneously, allowing sustained read rates in excess of 7GB/s (56Gbps) and sustained write rates in excess of 6GB/s (48Gbps). This architecture is perfectly suited to high speed network catpure.
When combined with ExaNIC network interface cards, and our free and open source Exact Capture software, the the ExaDISK FX1 is a core component of our complete high speed network capture solution.
- Read performance:
- - 7.8GB/s sustained seq. total read rate
- - 2.1GB/s sustained max seq. read rate per slice
- - 700K IOPs random read (4KB, QD32) per slice
- Write Performance:
- - 6.2GB/s sustained sequential write rate
- - 1.9GB/s sustained max seq. write rate per slice
- - 600K IOPs random write (4KB, QD32) per slice
- Available in 4 and 8TB capacities:
- 4 independent disk slices:
- - 1 Flash memory controller per slice
- - 1/2TB capacity per slice (maximum 8TB total)
- - S.M.A.R.T and TRIM support per slice
- - Supports software RAID 0/1/5/6 modes
- Form factor:
- - Low profile, (half-height, half-length) PCI Express card
- - 168x69mm (6.6x2.7in)
- - Low profile and full height brackets supplied
- - 9W idle / 35W active power consumption
- - Advanced passive cooling thermal design
- - 550LFM min airflow recommend
- - Operating temperature 0°C~80°C
- - Weight 350g
- - PCIe x8 Gen 3 @ 8.0 GT/s per lane
- - 12V external power with 9 pin adapter
- - 4 status LEDs
- Operating systems:
- - No drivers required for most operating systems
- - Linux (any distribution)
- - Windows
- Purchase includes 1 year support and warranty, extended options available:
The product brochure for more information
REQUEST A QUOTE
Need a quote, contact our sales team
Still need more information, contact us